Friday 6 July 2012

Crowlees Photography Project


I have just completed my last education project for this summer term which was a fantastic photography project at Crowlees J&I School, Mirfield as part of the Kirklees Arts4All Initiative. This was a four day project working with 60 Y5 pupils to create a limited edition hard back book and a limited edition giclee print to be framed and displayed in school. Throughout the project I worked with children to explore their school through the lens of a mobile device, including iPhones, iPods and iPads. In line with my own arts practice I encouraged the children to seek out interesting images by looking very closely at their surroundings and capturing images from angles in which they would not normally see things. 





 

I then worked with the children to process their images on mobiles devices through a range of photography apps. 




The children also produced a selection of drawings and pieces of creative writing by using their images as a starting point for stories, poetry and drawing. 




I had a wonderful time on this project, the children were great and they produced some amazing work. Here are some of their final images...







More information on this project can be found on the Kirklees Arts4All Blog - Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4.





No comments:

Post a Comment